Friday, May 1, 2009

Swine in Kearney?

Just in...first case of swine flu reported IN KEARNEY at the hospital. Now do not quote me on this, but I heard it today from a friend who heard it from a professor---yes it is hearsay but OH MY. The point: If you are feeling sick STAY HOME. The most common disease or sickness in America is the common cold but this time we must treat the common cold with more precautions. “It’s not a pandemic, it’s not an epidemic — it’s an outbreak,” he said. “It’s like the old saying, ‘There’s no need to panic until it’s time to panic.’ And I’m not entirely sure that it’s now time to panic.” Personally, I thought same day different disease, but after I heard about the reported case in Kearney, I think we need to think twice. So far I have no information to back up the reported case in Kearney, but maybe tomorrow there will be some article. The scary thing about this is that it is sooo easy to catch.
On a different note, sometimes you wonder if this is going to be the pandemic that ends the world. Crazy I know, but scary. I remember being a kid and being scared of Y2K and the world ending with terrorist, but hell maybe its the swine flu. I understand that its not a guarantee death, but when there are few vaccines for this, its makes you wonder, are we going to become similar to extinct dinosaurs. Sounds nuts! It makes me think of my brother and what he would be saying about this right now. He is scared to death, full of the history channel and other nonsense programs about the world ending, of something killing off humans...it would be interesting to hear his thoughts.
Anyway, I strayed a bit, but a case possibly hitting so close to home, makes you wonder. We must take precautions.

No comments:

Post a Comment